Votes: 10 83.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ORDER EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT
I ordered a Diamond-Crystal Black 2020 Limited with frost interior, Hemi, RamBoxes, split tailgate, and checked all the other boxes. My dealer promised delivery in eight to ten weeks and it arrived in six. A pleasant surprise. I picked it up last week and I have to say, I'm glad I ordered from the factory instead of settling for an off-the-lot "found one close to what I want" version. I'm curious as to why more people do not opt to special order through a dealership. Less than 15% of new car/truck buyers decide to wait the couple months for their perfect vehicle to be built exactly as they want. When the price tag for a pickup is north of $70,000, shouldn't you treat yourself to your perfect truck?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
$70,000 is actually more than I paid for my Ram and Durango combined, but if you can afford it then I don't see a reason not to treat yourself. My truck is just as I'd have ordered it with the exception of a front bench seat and Deep Cherry Red paint-mine has the console and white paint. However, my truck is my first vehicle so i didn't want to wait months on an order; my next one will probably be ordered and will be a 2500 Hemi.

Reactions: Ric McC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am almost certain that I will have to order my truck when I get around to buying the next one.
My needs and wants are specific, and the lots usually only carry generic whatever trucks.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 express
108 Posts
Started with a pretty simple ram Express and turned into my dream truck. Took about 3 years to get
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
to this point. Only want to change side steps and I'm done!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Dodge dakota
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tree
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Tree Pickup truck

·
Registered
514 Posts
I may be wrong but if you buy off the lot, you can make a much better deal.

On my 17 Limited, I got every feature I wanted and managed to get over $15K off the window sticker.
I didn't do as well on my 19 but still, nowhere near sticker price.
The only feature I didn't get was the 34 gallon tank but the parts price out to around $500 if I'm ever inclined enough to bother.

The only reason I would order one now is to get the 4x2 in the 6'4" bed.
That was not something that was built or sitting on a lot anywhere when I was shopping.
In fact, until this year, I don't think you could even get the 6'4" bed in a 2wd, even if ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts