DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am sure most of you know me by now. I went out this morning to go to work. My Ram would just crank not turn over what are your suggestions before I get it towed.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
There is another possibility, but before you do this, understand the risks/consequences.

I have had this scenario a couple of times over the years. Once with my 04 Ram, and once with my 08 Ram. In both cases I was in a situation where I was somewhat desperate to get it going right away.

I removed the battery cable, touched it to the other battery cable to drain the residual power quickly, installed the cable back on the battery and the truck started right away.

Now the risk/consequence info - When you do this, it will erase any diagnostic code(s) in the system, and basically inhibit the dealer from ever figuring out what caused the problem. This is especially bad if the 'No Start' condition remains, and will have your service department VERY upset with you....and for good reason. LOL

If it works....Great! :smileup: If it doesn't, be prepared for a good tongue lashing from the dealer. :str:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Were you using the remote start, or the key in the ignition

these Rams have TIP START, once you turn the key, it will crank until it starts, even if you take your fingers off the key

Call the dealer & use one of your free tows, that is what Warranties are for

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Double post. Sorry

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got back from work. (I took my brother Pontiac vibe.) I have a tow truck coming, it should be here in 1.5 hrs.
Here are more details
-I used both keys (in the ignition)
-battery is fully charged
-it worked fine the last time I started it two days ago
-it has less than 900 miles and I haunt even owned it a full month yet >>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts