DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined a while ago to find out what I needed to know when the time came - now it's time to trade the daily driver while there is still some equity in it....

Just got confirmation from my dealer that my 2012 RAM Big Horn has been ordered and is currently in "D" status.

The only thing better than having a Hemi in the driveway is having 2 Hemis in the driveway.........

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats!! What color will it be??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Joined a while ago to find out what I needed to know when the time came - now it's time to trade the daily driver while there is still some equity in it....

Just got confirmation from my dealer that my 2012 RAM Big Horn has been ordered and is currently in "D" status.

The only thing better than having a Hemi in the driveway is having 2 Hemis in the driveway.........

Actually the better thing would be a cummins in the driveway :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats! Sounds a lot like my truck, but a little fancier.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Gratz on the order friend! Cant wait to see it when it arrives ..make sure you post some photos please :) Hope the stork brings it early for ya!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats awesome T!! nothing like a garage/driveway full of Hemi's!! you're gonna love the truck!! Nothing like a Ram body guard for the Challenger!! :smileup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I ordered January 25th, just went to frame status today. Dealer thinks the middle of April for me.

Thats weird. I ordered mine on 2/14 and its coming in next week. Only thing I can think of is the only build one model at a time. I ordered a Sport QC

·
Registered
354 Posts
They get built fairly quickly pretty much in the sequence the factory receives the order and then spend 2+ weeks in transit. Same line in Warren MI buids QC and CC. Saltillo buids RC and 3/4 tons of all configs. My rambox single cab SLT came in a week ago and was ordered on 10 February. The day you sign the order at your dealer and the day he submits to the factory may be different. Dealers generally collect orders and submit them with their stock order monthly. High volume dealers submit orders more frequently. There are manufacturers credits and dealer incentives they need to work. Bottom line, when you get the first VOTS email you know your order is at the factory. After being in que for about 2 weeks it will literally go thru all the build steps in 1-2 days then spend a couple weeks in transit status. Shouldn't take more than 6 weeks total.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Found out today that it's D1 and scheduled to ship on April 3rd.

edd5 - I hear you about shipping - my Challenger hit KZ on Oct 30 and didn't make it to Key West until Nov 21 - and that was with me pressuring the dealer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
shipping

Found out today that it's D1 and scheduled to ship on April 3rd.

edd5 - I hear you about shipping - my Challenger hit KZ on Oct 30 and didn't make it to Key West until Nov 21 - and that was with me pressuring the dealer.
Yeah, they like to collect cars at the rail yards until they have enough going to the same dealer or area to fill up a car carrier. Your dealer can intervene and put a rush on it even getting a single car carrier, but then he has to pay a premium over the usual delivery charge. They generally don't like to do that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts