DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i was at my neighbors and he owns a 90-94 acura integra gsr with a newer acura vtec motor with headers, full magnaflow exhuast, intake, bigger spark wires, and a b&m short shifter and i think also a upgraded clutch but to sure on that. Anyways he knows how fast my truck is and is impressed everytime i gun it but he told me if he and his ricer can take me and my ram out. so we went to a empty street and also his friend that drives a 2000 and somthing honda vtec hatchback came along so he can record it. so we did it up and i have a little technique to get a good launch went on the hand down and i blew his car away wasnt even a competition my friend was upset but mostly shocked he said he got a good launch and good shifts so i was feeling pretty good. And his friend said he wanted to give it a go and he has mods on his car too but not sure to what extent and i get a good launch on him too but he was a lot quicker than my friends car and was keeping up and went passed 100 mph and beat him by almost a full truck length coming up to the end of the street and he was impressed and his direct quote was that F***ing truck has balls .:hah:So it was a good night for my ram burning those ricers ha!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Very nice! I got beat by a newer civic si on the drag strip and was REALLY pissed as I thought I'd be able to take him. I have the 4.7L though, and he was definitely not stock because he ran way faster than the other si's I've seen. I just can't wait to finish my mods and at least be quick lol!

·
Registered
427 Posts
That was cool how you spanked him. There's this guy I've encountered a couple times with a mid 90's integra. not sure how modded he is, but he has a fart can hanging out back. He started screwing with me while I was in my Charger one day. The wife gave me the green light and I killed him. Wasn't even close. I can't wait to get him with my Ram.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
These Hemi's love a little Asian cuisine every now and again!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! I got beat by a newer civic si on the drag strip and was REALLY pissed as I thought I'd be able to take him. I have the 4.7L though, and he was definitely not stock because he ran way faster than the other si's I've seen. I just can't wait to finish my mods and at least be quick lol!
He must of been running with turbo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was cool how you spanked him. There's this guy I've encountered a couple times with a mid 90's integra. not sure how modded he is, but he has a fart can hanging out back. He started screwing with me while I was in my Charger one day. The wife gave me the green light and I killed him. Wasn't even close. I can't wait to get him with my Ram.
Yea it was i was cracking up through the whole race looking in my rear mirror

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^Not sure but he had big slicks out front and spun them past the tree.

·
Registered
184 Posts
well thats just BA.....but my ol girl aint doing much racing....unless it has to do with some mud.... she got a big butt on her

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
^^^ i love big butts! :)

nice kill btw, post some vids! idk if you did because im at work and i cant see them but if you havent then get to it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
As much as I can't wait to get an Express it's going to be a full second slower on the 1/4 than my Honda. The term "ricer" always cracks me up. I'll toss some rice out the window as I pass you lol. Why can't people enjoy motor sports of all types? I love the sound of a hemi with a nice exhaust just as much as my 2.2 with cams in it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
As much as I can't wait to get an Express it's going to be a full second slower on the 1/4 than my Honda. The term "ricer" always cracks me up. I'll toss some rice out the window as I pass you lol. Why can't people enjoy motor sports of all types? I love the sound of a hemi with a nice exhaust just as much as my 2.2 with cams in it.
It's all in good fun. One of my best friends has a Mitsubishi 3000 gt with a big turbo and a few other mods. I assure you he could beat a lot of Rams out there. The problem seems to be the attitude of some of the so called ''ricers''. A few that I've encountered have a chip on there shoulder just like the one I talked about. I too enjoy lots of different motorsports. Didn't mean to offend.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ i love big butts! :)

nice kill btw, post some vids! idk if you did because im at work and i cant see them but if you havent then get to it!
Ive been telling my friend to get me that video from his friend but hasn't gotten back to me.
i love all motorsports I owned two hondas in my time and had a crx that would kill all kinds of v8 cars its just a terminology but I don't know about why you would carry a bag of rice with you ha!those express rams are sick man

·
Registered
355 Posts
No biggie guys. I wasn't really offended, just curious as to whether or not people really just hate imports or not on this site. Can't wait to get an Express. I'm tired of my little V6 Dakota. I get the same mileage or worse than an Express and with half the power LOL.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No biggie guys. I wasn't really offended, just curious as to whether or not people really just hate imports or not on this site. Can't wait to get an Express. I'm tired of my little V6 Dakota. I get the same mileage or worse than an Express and with half the power LOL.
damn i didnt know a v6 dakota can be such a gas guzzler thats not cool! when are you thinking on getting that express.

·
Registered
355 Posts
damn i didnt know a v6 dakota can be such a gas guzzler thats not cool! when are you thinking on getting that express.
The EPA estimates are the same for the 2wd Express and my Dakota. I get 16-17 combined when empty. If I'm pulling my 2000lb. landscape trailer (like I do 3 days a week during the summer) I get close to 10 mpg.

I'm planning on getting it this spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts