DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, required some extensive modification to the sub dash, my sister did the wiring (pro) so I'm not sure about that portion other than it required a pac module. The switch on the left controls the backup cam so I can turn it off and on at will, I tow a boat and find the cam to be distracting at night when backing down a launch ramp but having it on a switch also provides the capability to flip it on while driving to check the lights and tires on the trailer. I don't get as much use out of it by not having it auto but it is certainly pretty cool to have full control over it. The switch on the right will control aux led light bar I am going to install in a couple weeks for extra reverse lights and work lights when on the launch ramp.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice, thanks for the details. I know some inside cutting of metal and plastic is required for most replacements. What I'm more curious about is the wiring. I know there are PAC modules to allow all the controls, just wondering about EVIC for NAV, radio station details, etc., and the NAV/GPS antenna wiring since the 2012's with NAV and GPS are combined into a single antenna. Also wondering about uConnect. I know it's outside of this thread, so I'll continue to research on the Interior Mod's thread...

Thanks! A a mod well done!

no, required some extensive modification to the sub dash, my sister did the wiring (pro) so I'm not sure about that portion other than it required a pac module. The switch on the left controls the backup cam so I can turn it off and on at will, I tow a boat and find the cam to be distracting at night when backing down a launch ramp but having it on a switch also provides the capability to flip it on while driving to check the lights and tires on the trailer. I don't get as much use out of it by not having it auto but it is certainly pretty cool to have full control over it. The switch on the right will control aux led light bar I am going to install in a couple weeks for extra reverse lights and work lights when on the launch ramp.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is an express without the EVIC. The factory sirius antenna had a plstic yellow connector that we removed and it plugged directly into the sirius universal tuner so I am still using the factory sirius antenna. the gps antenna we placed on the dash at the very bottom of the windshield near the light sensor for the headlights

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Wow... That looks very good....Thanks for posting the pics....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts