DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good friend of mine owns a bar and tonight while we were riding around in Snow White we came up with an AWESOME idea... and as i left tonight she threw me this :)

!!!

First step is gonna be to make it fit, which in sure will require a thread adapter of some kind (which I'll pry end up having to makcuz I'm sure its gonna be a mm->standard thing)

THEN

I'm gonna figure out how to make this bitch glow!!! Im thinking some sort of Plexiglas top w/ an assortment of white LEDs and maybe drill a line up and Dan the sides and put some blue individual LEDs for some "accent" lighting. I don't assume it'll be done quickly, but I'm excited as hell to try it. Worse comes to worse I'll just find another white/blue tap and start over with that one :)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Lol thats bad ass man

When the new Diablo game comes out in stealing the head from my kid was thinking bout making that a shifter. But not only should you make it a shifter you should make it a rolling tap.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just subscribed,got to see the shifter installed,going to be great..:smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are test pics from earlier. Looks like I'm gonna have to take about 2 1/2 inches off the shift stick to make the handle sit where I want it.

Looks like Imma pry just make some sort of internal shim out of silicon/rubber to hold it on

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dodgert, don't hold your breathe we've been waiting for DIII to come out for years :( Blizzard has pushed the release back what seems like hundreds of times

·
Registered
159 Posts
cool idea, i personally wouldnt do it, but hey if you like it thats great. Guarenteed you will be the only one with it, looking forward to finished pics.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Lol thats bad ass man

When the new Diablo game comes out in stealing the head from my kid was thinking bout making that a shifter. But not only should you make it a shifter you should make it a rolling tap.
Dodgert, don't hold your breathe we've been waiting for DIII to come out for years :( Blizzard has pushed the release back what seems like hundreds of times
Guys, you might want to check, but I think your nerd is showing :gy: I too have been waiting for a very long time. So much for 'early 2012'

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, you might want to check, but I think your nerd is showing :gy: I too have been waiting for a very long time. So much for 'early 2012'
When that game comes out you wont hear from me for months lol. Diablo II was and still is my favorite game of all time. All the clips and etc of DIII that weve seen are amazing... I will not be able to control myself hahahah

·
Registered
98 Posts
Be prepared to blow if you get pulled over for a routine stop! Can't wait to see it with the lights!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Here are test pics from earlier. Looks like I'm gonna have to take about 2 1/2 inches off the shift stick to make the handle sit where I want it.
Can you not drill up into the handle? If you cut the OEM stick, it will be hard to go back if you ever want to .....like when someone steals the tap handle. ;)

Looks like Imma pry just make some sort of internal shim out of silicon/rubber to hold it on
A piece of aquarium hose (or similar) might accomplish the task. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you not drill up into the handle? If you cut the OEM stick, it will be hard to go back if you ever want to .....like when someone steals the tap handle. ;)

A piece of aquarium hose (or similar) might accomplish the task. :4-dontknow:
The tap handle already has threaded rod in it to hold the bottom chrome piece. I did the measuring today and nit will leave enough metal to get both the stock handle andbthe molar t handle on without worry.

I've found the perfect tube already from the drain pump from my chameleon cages :) little bit of grease and it'll be perfect

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks kinda BIG but it's you I'm sure it will look cool no matter what. Hey did u get my PM a few days ago about interior lights?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Almod it appears i did not. RE send it and ill get back to you today

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
gonna be pretty sweet!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's gonna be sick man...would love to do a mod like that but idk how it look or how I could do it with the column shifter with manual shift controls on it ...can't wait to see yours finished

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you mean by manual controls? Like your tow/haul button?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts