DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I haven’t posted in some time so I figured that I would describe the dilemma of the TMPS monitoring system on my Ram 1500. The Truck stays in the garage most of the time and hits the road when I am pulling or hauling stuff. So a week has gone by since I last had the truck on the road. I start the truck and the TMPS alert comes on. No problem fire up the air compressor and fill tires. Checking the tires I was down to 32 psi, so going by what I know (or though I knew) fill tires cold to 35 ensuring all tires are equalized. Low and behold the TMPS stays on, called dealer and he says to drive for about 20 miles and the TMPS will go off. Well there is no such luck after 120 miles called the service department and tell them there full of crap. After I got home and was jacking around with things and for whatever reason I looked at the label in the door and it says 40PSI. well any way fill tires to 40 PSI and you know what the dam TMPS goes off lesson learned “RFTM’’. Just my story of DUhh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts