DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people don't like the looks of the 5th gen Ram. I am not one of them. I really liked the 4th gens and owned 3 of them. But they were starting to look a little dated.
I like the look of the 2019 so much I traded my 15,000 mile 2015 in on one. It was suppose to be the last truck I buy so I have kept the miles off it. But I liked the new look.
I traded for a Billet Silver Big Horn with a sport package. I have had 2 silver ones and my last one was a Blue Streak Pearl. So I thought I wanted something different and looked at a Granite one until I saw the new Billet Silver. I liked the way they darkened up the silver.
Now this one does not have all the bells and whistles but has enough.
Have not found anything I don't like other than you cannot move it without the seat belt on.
Everyone likes to see what everyone else is paying so here is what I paid. $8000 off MSRP out the door. Including taxes and all. I don't know if that is good or bad but that is what I usually can get one for.
I see a few people are changing wheels, anyone have some 20" chrome take offs they want to sell? The closer to north Alabama the better.
Here are a couple pics.
Oh ya can you tell I like Internationals too?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good! I like the 2019 which is why I bought it.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts
What are your ages if you don't mind me asking? Seems like only the younger millennials or previous Tundra/Titan owners are buying the 5th Gens. (Just an observation)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 52. I understand why folks don't like the new look. Same thing happened with my 2018 Mustang. Lots of other good things to appreciate (bigger cabin, reclining rear seats, more USB ports than I can count) and Mopar lifetime maximum care warranty. I wanted a new truck and the Ram was way better than Ford or Chevy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What are your ages if you don't mind me asking? Seems like only the younger millennial's or previous Tundra/Titan owners are buying the 5th Gens. (Just an observation)
I'm 51 and I've owned MANY Mopars:
'68 Charger (my first car)
'84 Dodge 4x4 Truck
'85 Dodge Ramcharger
2002 Dodge 1500 (4.7)
2003 Dodge 1500 (Hemi)
2004 Dodge 1500 (Hemi)
2005 Dodge 2500 (CTD)
2005 Chrysler 300C (Hemi)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.7)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee (V6)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Hemi - current vehicle)
2019 RAM 1500 CC 4x4

There are others, but you get the point.

As I've gotten older, I appreciate the refinement of the ride and interior. I'm inside the truck most of the time I'm looking at it, and care more about how I feel than what someone else thinks about how it looks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
One more last note -

I remember when I was on the 3rd Gen forums back in the mid to late 2000s. When the 4th Gen Rams came out, all of the 3rd Gen guys were complaining about how ugly they were, and that they would never get rid of their 3rd Gen to get a new "ugly" truck. Most changed their minds as they got used to the new design.

I get it. It's new, and a big departure from the previous generation. There is a good chance that you change your feelings about this truck over time. Or not. But that's ok.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am 63 - needed a new truck to tow a camper, replacing a 98 Ram. When I first started reading about the 2019's I was leery of all the changes and additional technology and went in to a dealer to order a 2018. Love the classic look, but in April they were no longer taking orders for 2018's and I needed to order a truck to get the exact options I wanted. So a gnashed my teeth for a while, studied up on the 2019's, and ordered one - should be here towards the end of this month. I still love the classic look, and don't like the look of the higher trim levels on the 2019's, but have grown to like the look of a basic Big Horn pretty well. And after driving one I felt very good about it. So it's not just the millennials buying them...

·
Registered
247 Posts
What are your ages if you don't mind me asking? Seems like only the younger millennials or previous Tundra/Titan owners are buying the 5th Gens. (Just an observation)
How old are you? Over 50 or 60 and on your 3rd - 6th Ram? You had a column shifter before? I'm 46, have never owned a Tundra, Titan, and this is my first Ram. I have driven Mercedes/ BMWs and GMCs. My uncle complained about the lost of his 8 track, cassette player, then said GPS was stupid and ppl should still use paper maps, brags about not having power steering back in the day, etc.

I picked up my truck last night and had a few people stop me today. My window tinter said ...."man, that's real wood in your truck" ...he was about 40. A young kid, about 25, was waiting on his tint and asked to see inside and loved it. Another customer, about 50, with his new F250 looked at my truck and said WOW. My wife is 53 years old....drives a Mercedes and said its crazy how much better my truck is than her car.

There will be some who hate the changes and they will be vocal about it. Some will love the changes and be vocal about it. Then something funny will happen......give it a lil bit of time and ppl will accept the changes and then complain about the 6th gen.

Be blessed guys

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm 51 and I've owned MANY Mopars:
'68 Charger (my first car)
'84 Dodge 4x4 Truck
'85 Dodge Ramcharger
2002 Dodge 1500 (4.7)
2003 Dodge 1500 (Hemi)
2004 Dodge 1500 (Hemi)
2005 Dodge 2500 (CTD)
2005 Chrysler 300C (Hemi)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.7)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee (V6)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Hemi - current vehicle)
2019 RAM 1500 CC 4x4

There are others, but you get the point.

As I've gotten older, I appreciate the refinement of the ride and interior. I'm inside the truck most of the time I'm looking at it, and care more about how I feel than what someone else thinks about how it looks.
Thanks for sharing this. This is sooooo true. I stuck with GMCs because I loved the outside. This time, a few of my Ford King Ranch/Limited buddies said .........man, what about the inside where you sit. I love the Ram inside and out. I don't care that the lights of the Ram curve at a 10 degree angle more than last year and the bumper is offset 1 degree difference from last year or that people who don't like Tundras think it looks like a Tundra. This is an extremely nice truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m 50 and never had a truck before. After living here in Texas I joined the crowd. The 2019 Ram Limited made my transition from a car to a truck great. Never drove anything like it. My wife says it’s like driving in a recliner.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sorry, but you are making guesses without any empirical data. You know what they say about assumptions...

Neurobit

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts
Well, so far this site is telling a different story. Is this the new Buick/Oldsmobile of the modern pickup? Only time will tell.

I’m 34, plan to keep my 4th Gen until it perishes. I still prefer the sport package appearance on the 5th generation over any other trim.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, so far this site is telling a different story. Is this the new Buick/Oldsmobile of the modern pickup? Only time will tell.

I’m 34, plan to keep my 4th Gen until it perishes. I still prefer the sport package appearance on the 5th generation over any other trim.
My intention was to buy an '18, but the '19 had a bigger cab, got rid of the fold flat floor and the ride was much quieter and more "car like" I could say. Actually the wife said that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How old are you? Over 50 or 60 and on your 3rd - 6th Ram? You had a column shifter before? I'm 46, have never owned a Tundra, Titan, and this is my first Ram. I have driven Mercedes/ BMWs and GMCs. My uncle complained about the lost of his 8 track, cassette player, then said GPS was stupid and ppl should still use paper maps, brags about not having power steering back in the day, etc.

I picked up my truck last night and had a few people stop me today. My window tinter said ...."man, that's real wood in your truck" ...he was about 40. A young kid, about 25, was waiting on his tint and asked to see inside and loved it. Another customer, about 50, with his new F250 looked at my truck and said WOW. My wife is 53 years old....drives a Mercedes and said its crazy how much better my truck is than her car.

There will be some who hate the changes and they will be vocal about it. Some will love the changes and be vocal about it. Then something funny will happen......give it a lil bit of time and ppl will accept the changes and then complain about the 6th gen.

Be blessed guys
Hey man. This is the first I've seen of your truck coming in! Congrats. Hope you love it!!!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Ages are displayed in the top right of all posts if members have it enabled.

My impression (based on that) was that mostly older people had been buying 5th gens.

I have noticed that while many long term Ram fans find it to be the ugliest truck they've made in years, a lot of guys who didn't like the classic '94+ Ram styling seem to like the 5th gen styling

·
Registered
111 Posts
56 yr old here. Coming out of a long line of GM trucks. Traded in a 2015 Sierra this time for a 2019 Ram Limited.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts