DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've got a good amount of bolt ons and shorter gears... Anyways explain why i raced a buddy with a 2008 stock from 50 and were dead even? Im guessing since i am 4x4 thats extra weight i have. Also im running 305/55/20 Trail Grapplers which are heavy, but i dunno i feel that i should still beat him... Same truck though i beat off the line easy till like 40 then were even. Also i have a buddy with a Chevy 1500HD super slow off the line ill murder him, but above 70 his trucks faster... Its very annoying... Of course they could never catch me off road lol anyways, just wanted some feedback, thanks guys

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd agree, you should've beat him. What was your shifting method? Did you start in 1, then 2, then up to drive with the tow/haul on and power brake it at the line or just gunned it in drive? Something like that can make a huge difference. Also, did you spin much? As far as the chevy, I believe that most of their power hides in the top end, they're designed to get good mpg's and also have good horsepower. I've driven plenty of em, I feel the torque in them is terrible compared to a hemi.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tow haul mode on so it doesn't hit 2b, ya Chevy lacks the torque for sure, and 3rd gear in our trucks just doesn't do it lol i wonder if im losing power in my tranny somehow or if i just need to STROKE STROKE STROKE lol build 6.1 thats gonna be a while though

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
your wheel combo is hurtin you as well as the exhaust setup...you need to cam it to take advantage of the freeflow exhaust that you have now...with your superchips can you datalog your af ratio? do you have a wb to see how the af ratio is at wot?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your wheel combo is hurtin you as well as the exhaust setup...you need to cam it to take advantage of the freeflow exhaust that you have now...with your superchips can you datalog your af ratio? do you have a wb to see how the af ratio is at wot?
Yeah i know i need a cam to take advantage of it... And i dunno how to check air fuel ratio on it i wonder how its looking... i would like to get some New gauges so i can keep an eye out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts