DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So, I've had a rough month with my RAM.

Was away on vacation 3 weeks ago and ended up hydrolocking my engine in some pretty bad flash flooding. Luckily insurance covered.

Pushed for a new engine, but they only went with a used. Has a warranty and all, but I wasn't about to push harder on it. The used engine ended up needing a new intake manifold too. Anyway, on to the next issue.

Now I'm not sure if this could be related to the flood, but when I drove it home from the shop, I noticed a knocking that was coming from the front end. It's quite loud and can be felt under your feet on the floorboard and in the steering wheel.

What's this sound like to all of you?

Bad axle?

Could this have maybe been the result of the tow?

All I can say is that this was not something that was present before the engine replacement

https://youtu.be/__pa_CZoXOg

·
Registered
139 Posts
personally, if it was my truck and you had work done and now there is a noise, that is there, and wasn't before, I would be taking it back to whomever put the motor in it. If they care about their work, they will check it out and make sure there isn't something that got overlooked. And yes, not all tow truck drivers want to take the time to haul a truck properly... J-hooks on axles can wreck your day. this is just my 2 cents... hope you get it resolved.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
personally, if it was my truck and you had work done and now there is a noise, that is there, and wasn't before, I would be taking it back to whomever put the motor in it. If they care about their work, they will check it out and make sure there isn't something that got overlooked. And yes, not all tow truck drivers want to take the time to haul a truck properly... J-hooks on axles can wreck your day. this is just my 2 cents... hope you get it resolved.

Thanks, the shop that did the engine swap is over 2 hours from me (was at the beach on vacation and left it there for the work). Using a shop that's around the corner from me and its going in tomorrow -- insurance will have an adjuster come take a look at it once they figure it out.

I'm thinking it was a j-hook and axle screw up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
its possible, hopefully they find it fast and get you up and running again. insurance companies are usually pretty good about supplements... especially if they can visually see it. good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts