DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my Napier Truck tent on tonight for a 'test fit' and 'setup test' prior to taking my boys camping soon... very happy with the results!

(Don't mind the dirty truck! Snowed a fraction of an inch, so the highway crew had to dump several loads of salt on the roads!) The pics below don't show the rain fly on, or the storage 'hammock' on the inside ceiling...

Napier Sportz Truck Tent 57 Series
SKU 3739204
Part # 57890
Vehicle 2012 Dodge Ram
Submodel 1500, short bed (approx. 5 1/2 ft.), without RamBox 1

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
thats pretty cool, The only thing I would be worried about is if the wind picks up those straps my slap into the bedside of the truck. Pretty cool idea though, wonder if this would work with my tonneau cover on? Would u mind pming me and tell me where ya got it from and how much?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The straps come with a very fuzzy protective cover (If you have kids, you'll know them as the fluffy protectors that go on the car seat straps) (If you're old, you'll know them as the fluffy protectors that go over seatbelts for comfort) They are also pretty snug and don't think wind would be an issue. It was rather windy when I put in on this evening actually with no strap issues.

I got it on sale at autoanything.com (one of the vendors here on the forum) with 'new first time user' discount. It was $195 w/ free shipping

As for the tonneau cover, I doubt it would work. I have the tri-fold extang trifecta and had to remove it (easy enough), as the tent actually goes down in to the bed (it is a floored tent)

I'll pm you this as well.

thats pretty cool, The only thing I would be worried about is if the wind picks up those straps my slap into the bedside of the truck. Pretty cool idea though, wonder if this would work with my tonneau cover on? Would u mind pming me and tell me where ya got it from and how much?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like this idea. A couple questions,
Is the sewn in bottom tough enough to use on a spray in liner?
What about the ribbing in the bed, seems as though it may be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bottom of the tent seems to be durable enough for a spray in (I have the factory spray in)

You'd need a minimum of a sleeping mat, and they also make air mattresses with the wheel well cut outs.

I'd recommend a rug for the bed bottom though. Going to grab a simple outdoor rug to throw in mine just for camping/tent purposes.

And yes, they make all sizes/truck models. :smileup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I actually ordered a truck tent for my old truck, but after it was shipped I bought my Ram. Ended up being a perfect match!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice, what size bed you got there? Looking to get a mattress as well, where'd you get yours? How's it work out for two adults?

I actually ordered a truck tent for my old truck, but after it was shipped I bought my Ram. Ended up being a perfect match!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats AWESOME! I'm going to order one next week. Quick question on your photo; In the top photo, the bill looking object that goes outside of the photo, what exactly is that? Is it just a sunshade? And did that come with the truck tent?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it's part of the tent. It's an 'awning' that projects out with two poles and guy lines to hold it out. Nice for shade/rain/etc.

I can't wait to take the boys camping when it warms up.:smileup:

Thats AWESOME! I'm going to order one next week. Quick question on your photo; In the top photo, the bill looking object that goes outside of the photo, what exactly is that? Is it just a sunshade? And did that come with the truck tent?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts