DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
My first question would be do you want/need a mud tire? I don't know what the manufacturer calls it but the Kelly sure looks like a mud tire to me. So you are comparing two A/T tires and a M/T tire. And the General looks a LOT like a BFG KO, but a lot cheaper I'm sure. As far as quality from what I have heard and read I would rank them from first to last as Nitto, General, Kelly. I guess it really just depends on what you are looking for. Unless you are just in love with the appearance I would drop the General....not because it's a bad tire but because there are two better choices for you. If you want a really aggressive tire and can live with a M/T, go with the Kelly. If you want an aggressive A/T tire that has loads of satisfied users and positive reviews, go with the Nitto. That would be my personal recommendation.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Will 16" wheels clear the calipers on a 2008??
That's a great point! I didn't even think of that. 16" wheels WILL NOT clear on a third gen Ram. I do not know for certain about the 4th gen but I wouldn't think that the brake discs or calipers have gotten any smaller.

**EDIT** I don't know why the heck I was thinking his truck was a 4th gen, lol. As stated above, I have never tried it but I have read several different places that a 16" wheel will not clear the calipers on a 3rd gen truck. Sorry for the confusion!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.