DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im currently trying to decide what programmer to buy, I did some basic upgrades (cold air & exaust) to my otherwise stock 04 ram 1500 2wd. and in the process of a gear change to a 4.10 . Im looking at the diablo or the super chips 3815/3865. other than the canned tune options, Im mostly worried about adjusting my shift points and rev limiter. the last I heard diablo is dragging their heels on the 04s and dont hold my breath for any updates (relating to the 04s trans). my question is there any one that has a 04 ram
or programmed one with either of the above mentioned programmers, and could tell me what, if any, trans. adjusting capability. From my understanding the 03 & 04 rams have their programming limits. I cant stand how this thing shifts and trying to tach out the gears manually sucks too. its like a child proof trans!!!l

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I was under the understanding that the pred was availiable for the '04s, but not the '03s; and yeah, they do have a hell of a time trying to get programming for them. I love my pred on the '07, but unless you're looking to tear into the block and do some serious modding then the superchip will work really well too.

G

·
I really like the Predator. I have one on my 07 Ram and on my 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8. The flexibility of the tuner for custom programs really sold me.

The limited trans options are a function of what Dodge programmed and has released to the aftermarket. Why they have not released this info really confuses me.

But my experience with the Predator on my 07 has been great!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have to agree with Cdnoil and Maddog. I have an 07 as well and the DSP is wicked!

If you do not think that the Predator would be good for your truck than the next best would be the Superchips Cortex, just like Cdnol said.

Good luck with your mod man! That will be one of he best that you do!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not planning on nothing big yet, would like to do the heads and cam in the (very) distant future. The gear and trans seem to b the weakest points on it and I wanted to program it but, im stuck with this trans adjustment deal, too bad nobody makes a performance TCM , summer is right around the corner so im trying to step it up with some more punch. all the information I can find is a generalized description for either progammer, so i wanted to see if any one else has ran into this problem or if one or the other programmers will work on shift points and rev limits on the 04s thanks for any info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I called diablos tech line, they had me on hold for a half hour and kept directing me to search their forums,(ive did that for two weeks) so I called a diablo retailer, they said to the best of their knowledge nothing on the trans or speed limits is available for the 04s but i can call diablo. I then called super chips tech line waited 3-5 mins they said theirs covers what I needed so I guess Im going with the superchips cortex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts