DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching everywhere for the plastic filler panel for the front bumper of my 2004 1500 SLT. (It was missing when I bought the truck.) The Stealership was way overpriced. Online searches have left me cold with a replacement costing upwards of $100 when you include shipping. That's just ridiculous if you ask me. :doh: So does anybody on here have one they may have taken off their truck that's just collecting dust in the garage? I'm sure somebody had to have taken one off to install lights, or a push bar or something... I'd be glad to pay for it. I just think $100+ for a piece of plastic is too much. I'm in Las Vegas by the way.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Have you tried Rockauto or LMC trucks for this item. Give them a shot.You are looking for a plastic piece approx. 3inces wide and inserts in the middle aspect of the bumper?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm missing mine too since when I bought my truck. The fog light plastic cover right? It's a disease, actually. VW jetta's have the same disease, except instead of on the driver's side, it's missing the passenger's side one they're missing. What happened is the manufacturer made one less than they were supposed to make, and so they just sold the truck new without the plastic piece, and the guy who bought that truck was pissed and decided to steal one from another truck. The guy who got his stolen stole someone else's...and so on and so forth. It's an unfortunate thing, but that's just how it goes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not the fog light piece. I'm alking about the piece that's in teh center of the bumper. It's about 3 feet wide.

·
Administrator
53,363 Posts
Bumper issues

You're talking the black piece with the ridges in it? Have you tried a salvage yard and maybe just apply some adhesive to it yourself? The one on the stock bumper never sticks all that well to begin with, IMO.

- Cajun :pepper:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts