DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2012 Ram 1500 ST 5.7 Hemi. It's time to replace the tyres, so I am thinking of ditching the standard 17's and alloys for something bigger and smarter. Can anyone advise whether it's possible to move up to 20's without requiring any changes to the suspension and/or lift? I don't want to change anything but the tyre size. Please also recommend tyres and alloys - thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
it's easier to move up in wheel size than it is to move down, no risk of rotors getting in the way. i will say i have heard lots of people wish they didnt have 20" and gone back to 17". some have mentioned tire price, handling and even mileage. i personally don't have the experience to confirm, but im sure others here will chime in.

as far as recommendations, you may look in the pic gallery or even google. i am a firm believer that a nice wheel on truck may not look as good on mine, things like color and stance play a big part for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for that advice - I'll give some thought to keeping the 17's on, but enhancing the look with some nicer alloys. Anyone out there recommend a set of alloys that don't break the bank?! Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts