DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so new here, Hi everyone. Great forum and been lots of help figuring out my new ride.

Bought a 2016 1500 Big Horn and LOVE IT! Traded in my Escape and don't miss it....anyway....

I will be getting my mileage check soon, about $400...so I have a choice to make.

Spray in bed liner, or Bilsteins....I have a factory tonneau cover, so that is already done, and I did led's on the interior, led's for the license plate lights and the reverse lights. Upgraded the low beams (per suggestions on this forum), and installed a 20" combo light bar for those dark country roads I run. Oh yes, and got rid of those awful all season factory tires and put 4 new Mastercraft Courser AXT tires on it...

So now I am wondering if I would benefit from the shocks or the bed liner more. I am pretty happy with the way it rides and drives (HUGE improvement over my Ford), but could it be that much better with the shocks?

My wife is leaning towards the bed liner, since the shocks are not shot yet and the bed is getting torn up hauling our camping gear and kayaks.

Would welcome some opinions from some owners and see which way I should go.

Thanks for the time!

I should have put in that the shocks would be about $383 (not installed), and the bedliner would be $395 installed. I would also have the same shop tint the front windows, that is a bonus with the bed liner option.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,603 Posts
Well... A happy wife is a happy life! LOL If your bed is getting torn up, then I would do the spray in liner, first. It doesn't sound like the ride, or height, is a problem at this time. Prioritize! I would tackle what seems to be more of a problem, then work your way down.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,248 Posts
You answered your own question, I think.
You're happy with the ride, but unhappy that the bed is getting torn up, and the additional bonus that comes with the latter choice is that you get window tints,

Oh, and your wife (who in this instance is totally right) gets to feel listened to, and that her views really matter. Most men underestimate the value of that particular item, and that's a huge mistake.

It's no contest, brother; you don't need anyone here to help sort this out for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agreed-you answered your own question-first thing I did to mine was the bedliner and am very happy I did-great protection!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I always choose bedliner as one of my first add-ons. Bought my Ram with a bedliner already done. The factory shocks are fine and most people swap them out to level the truck.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I had an appointment for a Line-X before I drove my truck off the dealer lot. Most people level for looks at the expense of function. If you actually use your truck for towing and hauling (a truck's primary purpose) the answer is pretty clear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts