DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just ordered the Fox box for dual 12s, 2 Kicker CVR12 12" Subs Dual 4 Ohm voicecoils and a Kicker DX1000.1 Mono Class D Amplifier 1 Ohm Stable 1000 Watts to drive them. I am going to use the stock HU but I dont know which unit it is. I have a 2007 Larime Quad cab with the Nav and serius and 6 disc changer.
1. I remember reading on here that I need a hi - low converter?
2. What brand is best?
3. Can I just hook into the wires at the back doors to hook a hi - low up to? 4. Would it be better to mount the amp under the drivers seat or behind the backseat?
5. Will my stock alternator and battery be ok?
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked that out and it says it is only compatible in vehicles with a premium amplified audio system. I registered at Dodge.com and looked up my truck by my vin number and it said I had a 4 speaker serious equipped radio, it did not say premium sound system. So I don't think that I have a factory amp, if that is the case then a Hi Low converter should be all I need or am I wrong?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Your stock alt should be ok, you might notice a lil dimming nothing bad, I would upgrade battery, I was running a true 1380rms amp had very little to no diiming with just upgraded battery

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks guys, I received the amp and subs today. The amp has a hi or low input switch so I don't even need the converter, now I just need that Foxbox to get here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts