DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2019 off dealer lot, as they were having a sale at end off 2018, and got a better price on it. It is a Limited with 4wd, 3.21, but no E-lock.
The wheels are 22”, and are nice looking. The tires are great on highway, but not so great when I get in mud or snow.
I would like to keep same physical tire dimensions, so no rubbing, speedometer issues, etc.
I don’t see any tires to fit my needs in a 22” size. So, will probably be looking at 20”, same as on other 2019 RAM 1500s. There seems to be a better selection of tires at that size.
Existing tires are 285/45-22.
I believe a 275/55-20 would be very close to my 22’s.
I have a little over 20k miles on my tires.
Checking to see if others have upgraded tires and/or tires and wheels, and how did it work out for you. And what would this group recommend.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
699 Posts
Let me suggest you go to Tire Rack and/or Discount Tire's website and pick the kind and size of tires you want and look at ratings from your area. Most of the suggestions you'll get on these forums are from us that have had good luck in a specific location which may be 1500 miles from you.

I'm from Michigan and look for ratings from my area of the state to see what most folks like.
I currently have the stock Dueler Alenza's on my 19 Laramie and they work pretty well here. When they are worn out, I'll go back to Michelin LTX's as they are excellent on the road and do well in snow and Icy conditions.
I'll bet they aren't worth much in mud however.
Don't take one or two persons advice particularly if they aren't from your area. Also buy locally if you can as it's easier to exchange tires if necessary.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Here is a starting point with lots of different brand 22 inch mud tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts