DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a newbie here, I have read alot of different threads on this topic but still would like some more feed back.

Here is what I am looking to do for equipment and would like feedback and opinions. This is all going in my 2007 Dodge Ram quad cab.

I already have installed a new Pioneer AVH-4300 headunit.

JL Audio C2-650 componets for the front doors
JL Audio C2-525 coaxils for the back doors
JL Audio 10w3 subs
JL Audio XD400/4 amp for my highs
JL Audio XD600/1 amp for the subs

Let me know what yall think, any and all feed back and other recommendations would be great. Thanks :smileup:

E

·
0 Posts
You have picked some decent stuff. I picked HERTZ components over the JL components (they sounded better to me) but what sounds good to me may not sound good to you.

I can't say I can recommend anything else but what you have there. That should sound really good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks good to me. I'm actually going to try a 3 way component set in the front. Put the 6.5" mid in the door, the 3.5" in the stock location in the dash and install the tweeter in the sail panel. JL has a nice 3-way set but has a 4" mid instead of the 3.5", it would work with a little massaging. I'm probably going to go with a CDT 3-way that has the 3.5" mid that will fit in the stock dash location. You could also look at using a 5ch amp, JL makes a good one as well as others.

Edit: I just saw you don't have a new ram with the dash speakers, don't know if the 07's had them to be able to do a 3-way setup.

E

·
0 Posts
Yup....07's do have provisions for 3.5's in the dash/defroster panel at the base of the windshield. I went with 2-way components in the truck, gonna do 3-ways in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts