DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys, I'll try to keep this short. My brother restored then shipped his 2003 Ram 2500 4x4 to me. His only complaint was the headlights. Since new, he could barely see down the road. He said the adjustment screw did absolutely nothing. He recently had "cheap" HID's installed in the original light fixture...new problem...now he's lighting up all the monkeys in the trees. The stock reflectors tossed blue light everywhere. I recently replaced the stock fixtures with after market projectors (2 lights in each...magnified projector for lows and separate bulb for h beams) I converted the system back to stock and I also replaced the cheaper low beam h3 that was shipped with the fixture to a better quality sylvania H3. Soooo, now, the new projector lights put out an acceptable amount of light but now the monkeys can once again roam around the trees unmolested by light because the beam no longer shoots up into the trees...now it hits the ground about 50 feet in front of the truck and that is where it dies. I am totally blind beyond that. I tried the adjustment screw on the after market light but just like the stock housing, it too does absolutely nothing...I mean nothing at all. I thought I could get by using the fog lights to help with the poor low beam until I turned them on. They were converted to HID's as well and they totally blind everyone including folks walking along the sidewalk...on both sides. I tried leaving two of the mounting screws out and shimming/wedging the bottom of the light up to bring up the beam, but because of the shape of the semi-wrap around light fixture, it refuses to budge.
Sorry for the war and peace, but I am totally at a loss. I'm afraid to drive at night. Any suggestions???? Maybe even after market (inside) grill mounted lights to supplement the poor low beams???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...as fate would have it, today I mentioned my non-adjustable headlight problem to a local mechanic. He took a screwdriver to the adj screw and turned and turned with no change in the beam level...then suddenly, Voila! something broke loose and the plastic inside began to move...it was stuck all along presumably because it was new. So my problem is solved...thanks ShawnC13

1 - 3 of 3 Posts