DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, today i installed the flowmaster 50 series muffler in my ram, after the muffler shop installed it and i drove off i noticed that i cant rev the engine more than 4000 RPM. can the exhaust cause that?

i installed a K&N CAI yesterday but up until the muffler went it today the engine was working fine.

my low air pressure sensors are sensing the back wheels need air cause of the cold. copuld that have anythinmg to do with it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uuummm, uuummm, nevermind:shy::shy::shy::shy:

oh, i was testing everyone! didn't you know that in park the rev limitor kicks in and it doesn't let the engine go past 4000rpm? :gy::gy::gy:

·
Registered
247 Posts
well you didnt make it clear that you where doing this park. if you said park i would of told you it suppose to do that, but it if did it in gear while driving and they welded, any good welder in the auto industry knows better to leave the neg. connected on a battery. cause fry a computer or module, or cause weird shit to happen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The rev limit is 4k and im pretty sure even if your coasting and throw it in neutral it does the same. I know some cars if you rev it up while coasting wont initiate the rev limiter but my ram is always blocked at 4k. I kinda hate it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts