DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Night Edition Etorque
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to install some amber lights on my tow mirrors, cab sides, and front lower valence. any idea of what to get? and also does anyone know the hot wire color for the running lights on an 07 1500? thx!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
For the side of the cab I went with these...

They are Recon Big Rig Amber LED Running Light Kit 62". They also make one that includes white courtesy lights as well. Found them on ebay for around $110. As for wiring I personally just wired them into the turn signal/running light connector for each side coming out of the headlight. Has worked great for a year so far.

Another pic, not the greatest but you get the idea.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
For the side of the cab I went with these...

They are Recon Big Rig Amber LED Running Light Kit 62". They also make one that includes white courtesy lights as well. Found them on ebay for around $110. As for wiring I personally just wired them into the turn signal/running light connector for each side coming out of the headlight. Has worked great for a year so far.

Another pic, not the greatest but you get the idea.

Thats looks good bud, did you install the cab lights yourself. I am desperatly wanting some buuuuuuttt, not so thrilled about drilling holes in my roof. The dealer quoted me $500 to install them, so i said shit no, ill do it myself lol. Also do the running lights on the bottom of the doors go all the way, from the front of the front door, to the back of the back door. Is yours a crew cab. lots of questions, im needy I know this :LOL:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's all good! To answer your question about the running lights on the sides of the truck no, they were just a little bit short at 62 inches. So since they were short I chose to just center them. To me they look pretty good. Yes I have a crew Cab

As for as the cab lights it wasn't to bad. Yeah it is pretty scary drilling holes into your roof but I picked up a template from my parts guys at the dodge dealer from one of their OEM ones. I personally went with recon LED running lights. I think it was about 15 holes total and once that is done it's pretty much cake from that point. Run the wires down the A-pillar and splice into(i forgot which wire) and that's it. Seal and close everything back up and your good!

$500 is VERY steep. When I was out pricing getting mine installed I was quoted a little over $100 bucks from a place called truckers toy store here in NC.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Cool man, I appreciate the quick response. Yea I guess if I have the templete, it wont be that bad. Still gonna take at least a 12 pack to get it done lol. I just looked on Recon's website and it comes with a complete wire harness for trucks that didnt come factory stock with the lights which is great. But, they're out of stock until May 5. Cant wait for those!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts