DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -
I am currently visitng my father who is not very well. Long story short I need to find a part that will help him. Let me know what you guys have seen or know of. I am doing some randon searches online, but you guys and gals may know of what I need a little faster.

He owns a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. He currently has nerf bars on it to help him get in and out. The problem is with his illness he has lost some mobility in his legs. The nerf bars are now to far off the ground for him to reach with his legs. So my question is, is there a nerf bar extension, maybe a side step or a double nerf bar that will only be about 6 inches off the ground?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Ken

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
You could certainly find a local welder, and have them extend the brackets to exactly the height you want them, then could touch up the brackets with paint. That'd probably be your best bet. Usually for a small job like that a welder would charger about $50-$100.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure I can as well, I was really looking for something I could get accomplished while I am up here. I am a little far (1200 miles) from my tools and fabrication equipment.

Was hoping for a bolt on solution.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Sorry, I doubt there is a "bolt on" extension kit. Heck most step bars all have different mounting brackets/positions. Finding a local welder and driving over and waiting while he cuts/welds/etc... should only take about half a day or so. I don't really know what other options there are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts