DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some mopar running boards that come on the 2012 rams. i do not like the steps out on the 13s. Can not find a good place to order them that provides a good picture of the product. Also how do the chrome steps hold up in comparison to the stainless steel mopar running boards? please help

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I am not sure exactly which boards our referring to as I have seen a couple of different types on the 12s. These are the boards that came on my 2012 Laramie. I am pretty sure you could go to your dealer and inquire about pricing and such (and then go home and get them online cheaper ;) ).

As far as holding up.. mine have shown no wear at all in the six months I've owned the truck. They still polish up real nice (when I feel like going into that much detail). I love 'em!

Good luck to ya! :smileup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
these are aries wheel to wheel steps...black powder coat finish.. they are very good quality!!

Attachments

·
Banned
5,858 Posts
I think the OP was looking for pics of the OEM 2012 side steps. I too, have had a hell of a time finding pics online of OEM black powder-coated aluminum side steps for a 2012 regular cab RAM. If any of you savvy Z members can help, Whip it on us!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have my OEM chrome ones for sale. I don't want to ship though. So if you ever find yourself in my part of town let me know. Zip is 38305

·
Banned
5,858 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a set of Aries 4' Big Steps from Autoanything.com for $236 and they are the most heavy duty, best looking steps I have ever seen on these trucks. Screw paying the money for the factory mopar steps...

·
Registered
1 Posts
5" Oval Stainless

I just purchased 5" Oval Stainless Steel nerf bars from Amazon.com made by ICI. My price was $303, but I see they have increased it to $343. Local shops wanted $475 to $650, cash and carry.

I have not put them on yet, but it doesn't look all that difficult. Salty roads in winter made me decide on the all stainless bar (no end caps, welded stainless ends) with a lifetime warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts