DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody this is my first post here so go easy on me. I have a 2013 ram crew cab, i have a handful of things I'm going to be putting on and that includes a level and Bushwacker Pocket style flares. I want to run 20" rims (probably black fuel Hostages) on 35" trail grapplers. This leads to my question, what would be the proper width, offset and backspacing to get the new rims & tires flush with the pocket flares? I don't know if all three of those are relevant to getting the tires flush but any knowledge or experience would be appreciated (also pics of your trucks too)! Thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
check out brandonjansens thread here.

It contains all the info you need, and if it doesn't that guy pretty much knows everything this subject.

But i would say that the -12 offset would be pretty close.. My wheels are -12 and 9" wide, and they sit about 2" outside the fender.

·
8,073 Posts
20x10 -12 offset to be flush with the flare
20x10 -24 offset to be sticking out slightly past the flare

With either one you will need at least a 2.5" level and you'll still end up doing a bit of trimming. But it will be worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just did 17x9 wheels -12 offset with 315/70/17 tires (12.50 width). Looks perfect with my pocket flares. Anymore or less offset would look off in my opinion.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just did 17x9 wheels -12 offset with 315/70/17 tires (12.50 width). Looks perfect with my pocket flares. Anymore or less offset would look off in my opinion.
I agree 100%. I have fuel 20x10 -12 with 315/60 Toyo OC MT's a true 12.5 wide. The BW pocket flare is 2 1/2" of coverage.

Although we all have different taste, this is what looks best to me, not too much but just enough...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I think I'm going to pick up some 20x10 fuel hostages with a -12 and either throw on 315s or 35x12.5s on. Once I get some stuff done I'll post some pics!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is your final decision a nitto or toyo tire? Be sure to look up the actual sizes, the nitto trails run wider than the toyo open country mt's

Thanks guys I think I'm going to pick up some 20x10 fuel hostages with a -12 and either throw on 315s or 35x12.5s on. Once I get some stuff done I'll post some pics!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I agree 100%. I have fuel 20x10 -12 with 315/60 Toyo OC MT's a true 12.5 wide. The BW pocket flare is 2 1/2" of coverage.

Although we all have different taste, this is what looks best to me, not too much but just enough...

looks nice boomer...

got a side profile pic?

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
that looks great boomer...love the look. i thought the tires might seem small but it looks great! maybe thats my size I'm looking for!

i wonder what i would look like without the body lift....

·
Registered
177 Posts
that looks great boomer...love the look. i thought the tires might seem small but it looks great! maybe thats my size I'm looking for!

i wonder what i would look like without the body lift....

Without the body lift truck would still look good, but it won't give me the clearance I want.

My main goal was to access better hunting & fishing areas, and still fit in the garage. I clear the garage by 1"

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Without the body lift truck would still look good, but it won't give me the clearance I want.

My main goal was to access better hunting & fishing areas, and still fit in the garage. I clear the garage by 1"
ah ok.

your ride is exactly the look I'm after, but it will never see off road...lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Since you won't see off road I would rethink the tires, not the most comfort on the road, the ride will be rougher than your used to.

I was looking for some function, and looks. If it were just looks, I would have chosen a AT tire instead of a MT

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
good tip! but i think at least i would go with the toyo oc at II extreme. they look great. best of both worlds maybe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts