DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys.
I found a sale on bumpers and parts, it's not huge, but here's my problem. I can't for the life of me find part numbers on my truck that match up to ANYTHING on the 'net. Nothing. Not one number matches up.
I just crawled under my truck searching for numbers, and nope. Can't find anything. I found numbers, yes. But none of them match up to the part numbers that are listed for all early 3rd gen trucks. So...

Not sure what to do here. I need to make sure I'm not tossing $300 out the window on a part that won't fit.
It does say that it fits
"2002-2008 DODGE RAM 1500
WITHOUT SPORT PACKAGE & DOES NOT FIT SRT-10 MODELS"
and is
"CHROME STEEL ; WITH FOG LAMP HOLES
WITHOUT MOUNTING HARDWARE & BRACKETS
- REPLACE FACTORY PART NUMBER: CH1002383"
(the number is one of a few variations, on this particular bumper. There's about 35 other options from other sellers and/or manufacturers.)

Gah. I'm not cut out for this crap. Give me plasti-dip and gorrilla tape. I'll figure out how to fix it... :LOL:

To summarize, I need to find (replacement) part numbers for my truck for the following
-Chrome bumper
-the air dams
-the bumper topper (the one I have is the black textured plastic)
-Bumper BRACKETS!
I'm not nearly as concerned about the black plastic parts as I am the bumper and it's brackets.

I also may just be having a major stupid moment here because I'm under pressure of needing to order by tonight to get sale $$ :57:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
OK, here's what I have according to my parts manual. This is for 2005, but should be the same for 02 - 05.

ITEM, PART NUMBER, QTY, DESCRIPTION

FASCIA, Front, Primed
05073001AE 1 [MBP] Paint as Required
05073002AC 1 [MCM] Paint as Required
55077355AC 1 FASCIA, Front Bumper, [MCL]
BUMPER, Front
55077103AB Chrome [MCT+LNJ]
Chrome [MCT-LNJ]
5JQ481SPAA Painted [MCC]
AIR DAM
05096348AA
55077337AD Chrome [MCT+LNJ]
Chrome [MCT-LNJ]
BRACKET, Front Bumper Side
55077208AA Right
55077209AA Left

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, here's what I have according to my parts manual. This is for 2005, but should be the same for 02 - 05.

ITEM, PART NUMBER, QTY, DESCRIPTION

FASCIA, Front, Primed
05073001AE 1 [MBP] Paint as Required
05073002AC 1 [MCM] Paint as Required
55077355AC 1 FASCIA, Front Bumper, [MCL]
BUMPER, Front
55077103AB Chrome [MCT+LNJ]
Chrome [MCT-LNJ]
5JQ481SPAA Painted [MCC]
AIR DAM
05096348AA
55077337AD Chrome [MCT+LNJ]
Chrome [MCT-LNJ]
BRACKET, Front Bumper Side
55077208AA Right
55077209AA Left

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks a ton! Now if I could just get some results from the sellers. Their numbers don't match up. :doh: MOAR RESEARCH!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Be careful buying anything where you have to buy it right now, tomorrow it's off sale. just sayin'

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful buying anything where you have to buy it right now, tomorrow it's off sale. just sayin'
Definitely have to agree with you there, though this time, it's totally my fault.
Amazon had a May Truck Month sale. It's my own stupid fault that I forgot to try ordering sooner. :doh:

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Kelsey, check Rock auto. They have one for $246.79 + freight. You can talk to a human (radical concept). Ask if it's equal to factory and lets hope not made in freaking China. I'm gonna call em monday, as mine has seen better days.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelsey, check Rock auto. They have one for $246.79 + freight. You can talk to a human (radical concept). Ask if it's equal to factory and lets hope not made in freaking China. I'm gonna call em monday, as mine has seen better days.
Rock Auto pulled up one (just the chrome bumper part) for $137.79 + $94.86 shipping. I will ask about that, but seeing as the total is $232.65, I'll be looking some. It's definitely not as bad as the last time I checked there, the shipping last time was about 1.5 times the price of the bumper. The one I just recently found (after getting the right part #) is about $180 + free shipping. So... I'm looking real hard at the moment.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've placed an order to get just the OE's standard bumper and the brackets. I'm not able to buy the fascia at this time because of how expensive the thing is, be it from RA (thanks to $80 shipping) or Amazon. :Wow1:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voonderbar! When are they gonna arrive?
Once they're packaged up, (closed today, so Monday or Tuesday at the latest) they will arrive in 3-5 business days. :D

Now... to find tools for the job.
Someone 'helped' most of our tools wander off after the house fire in 2010. :box2: Can't prove it though. It takes a lot longer than thought to 'regrow' tool stock when they keep growing freaking legs.
Ah well. Call in some favors and I'm pretty sure I've can get what I need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts