DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the truck is a 2004 RCSWB 1500, with a 5.7 and 4x4. I was changing the header gaskets and oil, and replacing my belt this weekend. I decided to do the header gaskets first. Upon removing the passenger side, I seen what looked to be a demolished pulley. It is right below the tensioner, and slightly to the passenger side. I will get a better picture, either later today or tomorrow when I get the fan shroud off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. #5. Any idea on a replacement part number or something? Thanks.

- Christopher

·
Registered
209 Posts
Couldnt find the part number. But heres a link to where you can get one. Not sure if theres a cheaper place somewhere out there.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just double check if its the same part for your specific truck. I used info from my truck, but it should be the same.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to summit and jegs. They have idler pulleys. I just wasn't sure what to call the pulley. Thanks.

- Christopher

·
Registered
209 Posts
Really? Summit was the first place i looked and couldnt find it. Thats where i buy all my stuff for the camaro. What was the part number for future reference?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They had a few different part numbers. I just put in the info on the truck, picked the engine, and then I browsed the engine categories til I found pulleys. Had three or four listed there. I didn't search specifically for it. Hope that helps. On a side note, Autozone had two in stock.

- Christopher

·
Registered
1 Posts
I literally just had that same pully go out on me (20 min ago). ZLow, where did you find that diagram you posted? Also, Chris could you please post the part number? I am currently stationed in Germany and would rather not chance ordering the incorrect pulley and waiting for a considerable amount of time to get the correct one. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just went to summitracing.com and ordered through there section. You type in your truck/year/motor/etc, and navigate to the appropriate subsection of parts. But, if you are lazy, here you go:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ngine-Size/5-7L-345/Submodel/SLT/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Just look and see if you need a ribbed or smooth pulley. I just wasn't sure of the name of the pulley when I asked. What's bad about that, is that I have changed quite a few idler pulleys on other cars. Oh well.

- Christopher

1 - 10 of 10 Posts