DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have a 3rd Generation 2003 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins, and was hoping to get some advice.

I am having airflow issues with the cabin vents.

When I drive locally, the air conditioning starts out blowing great, but after a while the air flow stops.

You can still hear the blower and if you put your hand close to the vent you can still feel the cold air, but none comes out of the vent. The fan speeds on the blower seem to work, although no moving air is coming out of the vents.

This usually happens more often when driving on the highway at higher speeds. I replaced the blend door actuator located up underneath the blower motor on the passenger side underneath the glove box, and the blend door there appears to be working just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else it could be?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
You have defrost vents near the windshield
There are floor vents & dash vents

There are 4 actuators that operate 4 doors

The door up above the blower motor is let the outside air in, or to close fresh air from coming in

Hopefully you have an actuator that has a stripped gear & you can take it apart & reposition the gears

If on the other hand, it could be a broken plastic piece on one of the doors, that could get labor intensive

You may want to watch some of these trouble shooting videos

https://www.google.com/search?q=200...nujiAhWSsJ4KHWbbB08Q_AUIESgC&biw=1200&bih=590

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
fell around to see if AIR is blowing out of any other distribution area. Dash vents, floor, windshield.
If not, then I would suspect a bad squirrel cage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange thing is, the fan works fine, air is still cold, just not getting air out of the front dash/floor vents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts