DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that I want to install a better camshaft in my hemi. I've heard of people using the 6.2 hemi cam in the 5.7 but I'm not just looking for the lope lol. I want performance! Any ideas on good performance cams that are good for daily drivers and easily tuned.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
6.2 cam?

comp 260 ( can run on superchips but custom tuned recommended)
sidewinder (hit and miss on running with 91/93 canned but custom tune is recommended)

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
A 6.1L cam will just slide in and the computer can make the required adjustments on its own over a 15 min drive. However, the performance is negligible. A Comp 260 is a great torque cam, a Comp 268 is a great all around cam, then there's the Inertia Spartan cam which is probably the best mid range performance cam. I say mid range because the Comp 274 or Inertia Spartan Max require high RPM to really make their best power.

You should also look at upgrading to the 6.1L springs with any cam install even if the cam doesn't spec them. With springs it's better to have that safety buffer because the last thing you want is a dropped valve and buying a new block.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
With a 2003 you probably don't want to go bigger than a 260 since there are tuning issues involved. Definitely want to upgrade the springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts