DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Had a really bad experience at my local dealership service department, (shocking, I know :Wow1:) and need some help getting some contact information (e-mails preferably) for some higher up service contacts who actually work for FCA.

I know there are a lot of insiders on here so any help is appreciated. If you know of a better way to get some satisfaction, that would also be helpful.

Thanks all.

<edit> Quick overview of the story:
Took the Ram in for oil change and asked the tech to listen to a loud tick in the engine, louder than the normal Hemi valve-train tick. Tech wanted to keep it overnight so the mechanic could listen to the engine cold, inconvenient but why not? Next day tech calls, says the engine needs to be replaced under warranty but they want service records (I don't get it service at the dealer). No problem, give me the truck and I'll get them and we can schedule the engine replacement. Too late, they've already partially dismantled the engine without my permission. So, no vehicle again. New block is due next day. Third day, block is being installed. Installation and testing will take all day, third day no vehicle. Fourth day, engine is finished. Picking up the vehicle and they charge me for the synthetic oil change: "synthetic oil isn't standard in Hemi blocks" says the service manager. OK, seems weird, and wrong to me, but I want the truck back. "Oh, yeah... the A/C hose will be in next week so we will call you when it comes in." I didn't ask for A/C servicing. "We pinched one of the A/C lines when replacing the engine. I figure you won't need the A/C when it's only 13 deg C (55 F) out <laughing>." Sure... you get to decide how I run my truck and what temperature I like. Seems reasonable AND funny.
So, you can probably understand why I'm a little ticked... again, any help or advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
500 Posts
No I don't understand why you're ticked but look on page 139 of your User Guide. You can get what you're looking for on their web site too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't understand why you're ticked but look on page 139 of your User Guide. You can get what you're looking for on their web site too.
OK. Thanks for your input, I guess, but I'm actually looking for direct contacts for real people, not some generic black hole mailbox from a book or website.

·
Registered
146 Posts
OK. Thanks for your input, I guess, but I'm actually looking for direct contacts for real people, not some generic black hole mailbox from a book or website.
Have you spoken to the Dealer Principle or General Manager?

Based on your story, I'm not seeing why you are so upset either. Maybe it just isn't coming across in text

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
So your engine needs replacing, you did keep Service records & showed them to the dealership.

They always have to disconnect the A/C lines & that means the Refrigerant/Freon needs to be recycled
They made an error & dropped something on a A/C line & they will also replace that for Free

Your getting a brand new engine for Free & with a full Warranty

I would be irritated about the engine needing replacement, but be happy that i had a new engine

The fact that they started working on it without permission is an concern, if they were going to charge you for anything

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm a pretty short tempered person and I don't really see much to be pissed about here. New motor, sweet. Started working on it asap, sweet. Got it sorted in four days, sweet. Only delayed part, an ac hose, which in reality he's right, you're not gonna need right now.
I get that they inconvenienced you a bit by starting work without talking to you first. Maybe to ensure they get to do it instead of losing the job to another dealer. I could forgive that considering you brought it to them in the first place. The synthetic oil thing, I agree. It's not standard. But they could have hooked you up since they left you without a truck for four days. I would have asked for that and whatever they said, I would have driven away reasonably happy. This definitely could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry man i have to agree with these guys if you call this bad service i would hate for you to read some of the other horror stories about guys who went to dealers 2 days after buying a new truck for defects and they get jerked around. Sorry don't see what when wrong here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts