DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to swap a 5.9(gas) out of a 2001 ram 1500 into my 1995 jeep wrangler. Right now I am trying to figure out wiring before I tear in to the jeep. Both the Jeep and Ram FSM wiring diagrams make references to the Chrysler Collision Detection System and I was wondering wondering if this was a part of the pcm or separate module that I need to get from the donor truck. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I should have put this with the first question but, do you know if the CCD could cause me any no start issues by not having any communication with anything but the pcm and related engine sensors?

I wish i had the money to do a Hemi swap that jeep would be wicked.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Mo. I don't think you'll have any problem starting it up and getting it to run. That Hemi Jeep would be dangerous to someone careless enough to stomp the gas while in a turn on dry pavement. It's a handful to say the least.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MY 79 CJ7 is a handful it has a 408 stroker motor in it. A buddy built the engine for his charger but decided to go big block at the last minute. Last time i stomped on it going straight i was already doing 20 and it broke the 40s loose and spun around on me. Last thing i need is a hemi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts