DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 12" Type Rs w a FOX Box. Now i want to change all my interior speakers. Im looking for the biggest "bang for buck speaker package". Looking for a clean crisp sound since i have the subs for bass. Also i won't be amping them, i plan to just run them off my pioneer 1130bt.
Can someone help me pick out speaker models and sizes that i will need w/o modification?

Thanx Guys

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Im a fan of rockford fosgate components. I am running their 6.5 set in the front doors and a 6x9 in the back door and its what I always recommnd to people. I havent heard them without their own amp, but im only putting 50W to them right now and they kept up with my old kicker so problem until I went with my DC Audio setup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've always been a big fan of Alpines, had them in the past and continue to use them. The type R line is pretty good for a good all-around speaker. If you go to Crutchfield.com, they will tell you what sizes you can fit in your truck and where with the "outfit my vehicle" option.
Boston Acoustics always has good stuff, but I don't know their model numbers. Rockford Fosgate is good, I've always felt that their speakers left something to be desired, but they're amps and subs are excellent. I had a p3 that blew away most dual 12's I met, (3/4" plywood homemade box helped a lot though ;) )
Pioneer has good products, not sure on "bang for the buck" from them though.
To me there's always something to be said about an all-one brand system though, I just like uniformity in my audio. And I ALWAYS recommend an amp, it just delivers a much much cleaner sound. With a good amp, you can make the stock speakers sound good, they just won't hit as HARD as the type R's.
Good luck man, hope it helps!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you are not planning on I would stick with some mid-level coaxials, something that doesn't take a lot of power. Regardless of what a radio claims it's output power to be, most of them are less than 20 watts a channel at best. Easy way to tell is the fuse size in the head unit. If it's 15 amps or less don't expect much. As for speaker suggestions, your truck should have 6x9's in the doors. Boston SC95 or SE95's will drop in very easy. Alpine will also have a set similar to these I'm sure. Look for Neodymium magnets, as these will be much smaller on the depth and rear clearance.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Look for Neodymium magnets, as these will be much smaller on the depth and rear clearance.

and are louder on the same wattage vs conventional magnets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts