1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO WARRANTY, NO HONOR!!!!!!!
Shame on you Dodge Ram!
Dodge is screwing over my brother inlaw who is a DISABLED VETERAN
by refusing to honor his factory warranty with his 2012 3500 diesel which has suffered a catastrophic transmission failure. Last Nov, 2014 he is driving down I-10 in Arizona when he hears a loud squeal and boom. He pulls over as smoke is billowing from underneath the truck. It is 1am and he thinks its burning up, it does not and he calls for a tow. After his truck is towed in, Ram inspects and claims he must have hit something, even though he clearly stated and all evidence says he did not. Then they claim he did not perform service, he provides records. The trans is severely damaged and so is the transfer case. It is a 4x4 and the front drive shaft has broken off, this was not known at the time. Again, it was 1am and dark, owner is a disabled vet and even if he had known the shaft was laying on the highway somewhere, he could not have retrieved it. Dodge tries to get him to commit insurance fraud by making insurance claim. He does make the claim, but tells the truth. Insurance co. adjuster inspects his truck and finds no evidence of a collision, only mechanical failure. Dealership also agrees that it is mechanical failure, but their hands are tied. It is verified by all the truck was in 2 wheel drive. Insurance company calls in outside forensic experts to try and determine cause of failure which is most of the driveline, they find the transmission failed and caused over 15k in damage as a result. The trans is broken in half and you can see right inside of it and view all the internal damage. The trans pan has even been pushed downward over the pan bolt heads. All the damage is from inside pushing out. Guess what? Ram is still not wanting to honor the warranty!! Dodge also refuses to give him a reason after claiming he hit something or did not perform service. Now its because the drive shaft is missing. Dodge also refuses to disassemble the trans and pin point the cause. Odometer reads 58,000. It has now been 5 months and he is still making payments on this truck. Do the right thing Dodge Ram and honor your warranty!!
Shame on you for what you have put this man thru.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear that kind of bad news. Hope Chrysler comes through for him and honors the warranty, making everything whole and good.
Tell your brother in law to keep his head up, fight the good fight and keep the faith.

·
Registered
15,591 Posts
just in case this isnt spam. first respect to veteran. his being a vet does not come into play here. tis is simple really, he has to get a lawyer.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
just in case this isnt spam. first respect to veteran. his being a vet does not come into play here. tis is simple really, he has to get a lawyer.
Very well put and to the point ;)

·
Super Moderator
34,679 Posts
+1

As a member of the military I find it aggravating when people insinuate that poor treatment they receive has anything to do with them being a vet, or that they deserve special treatment because they were/are one. Being a vet means you deserve respect, not that you are entitled to special treatment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
First this is not spam, I wish it was. And everyone should be treated the same regardless, the only reason I mention the military is because it has a bearing on what happened. And here it is, Dodge after stalling and changing their story as to why they will not honor the warranty, they seem to be hinting now that they want the front drive shaft. This is their most current excuse and they know dam well that he is mostly paralyzed on his right side and could not have retrieved it off the highway even if he KNEW it was missing, AND he is not able to crawl under it day or nite to look at anything. They have seen him many times and they know his condition, they are making ridiculous demands of him or anyone at this point. That's why I mentioned it.

·
Super Moderator
34,679 Posts
First this is not spam, I wish it was. And everyone should be treated the same regardless, the only reason I mention the military is because it has a bearing on what happened. And here it is, Dodge after stalling and changing their story as to why they will not honor the warranty, they seem to be hinting now that they want the front drive shaft. This is their most current excuse and they know dam well that he is mostly paralyzed on his right side and could not have retrieved it off the highway even if he KNEW it was missing, AND he is not able to crawl under it day or nite to look at anything. They have seen him many times and they know his condition, they are making ridiculous demands of him or anyone at this point. That's why I mentioned it.
Ah, that does make more sense now. Has he tried a different dealer or getting the regional rep involved?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, that does make more sense now. Has he tried a different dealer or getting the regional rep involved?
Regional rep has inspected the truck and recommended warranty repair.
Apparently the top guy over him vetoed it. Sadly the legal route is now in the works, but that will take time and he is still without a vehicle. I really feel bad for him.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Regional rep has inspected the truck and recommended warranty repair.
Apparently the top guy over him vetoed it. Sadly the legal route is now in the works, but that will take time and he is still without a vehicle. I really feel bad for him.
Have you tried the BBB, or the local News & Papers :thk:
After all, the squeaky wheel does get the oil ;)

Hope it gets handled fast.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Is there a programmer installed on this truck?

Chrysler can tell if there was one installed even if it was removed and the stock program was reloaded. It that is the case you can kiss the warranty goodbye.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does the local tv station have a consumer reporter? I would contact them and see if they can apply pressure. Nothing like bad publicity to attitude adjust a dishonorable business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They Need to do the Right Thing. ??? To All!! @018 Dodge 1500 Laramie Longhorn that my Brother picked up on 4/25/20. 22k miles . He wanted piece of mind { Balance of Factory Warranty} NOT,, 1st Owner [CANADA}.. NO- WARRANTY.. Any suggestions would be Great. Thanks Glenn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts