DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, I really need some help here. My 08 Ram is up on stands with the 26 Gal fuel tank out and the Factory 34 Gal partially installed. It appears that regardless what Dodge tells me about the straps being the same the Front strap from the 26 Gal tank is to short to Reach the retaining bolt. I need another Front strap but nobody knows which one?
Another issue with this install is the Vapor canistors (or whatever it is) mounted on the side of the original 26 Gal tank (with the wires and hoses running into it) does not mount to the new tank. The 34 gal tank requires a frame mounted braket with new Boxes(2 of them) and misc hardware. Well, I bought all this too anly to find out none of the hoses line up or reach and I seem to have one additional hookup on the new boxes that the old box doesn't have a hose for? I've been on other forums and called Dodge multible times but they can't help. Has anyone else done this swap on an 08' Ram?:4-dontknow: Any Help would be really appreciated.Thanks,Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts