DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just in the process of getting quotes on my tires to finish off my lift combo.

I will be running a 4" RCX lift.

I was just wondering if 35x12.5 R20s will fit on a set of 20" Rockstars without rubbing?

The shop suggested 305/55/R20s which only run around 33.3" tall instead of the true 35".

You guys are the lift experts, let me know your opinions.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
making 35s fit and not rub will have more to do with the offset of the wheel, do you know which ofset your running? if its 0mm or + you should be okay if its a -mm offset you might have some issues

There are guys putting 25s on stock rims with a level though so i would imagine you could do it too?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i agree with the above aswell but it also depends on how agressive the sidewall of the tires are i had to run quarter inch spacers on mine to run 305/55/20 nitto trail grapplers on my rig

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yep, has to do with the offset of your wheels. A negative offset will push the wheels further out while the positive pulls them closer in.

I'm putting a 4" Superlift and 35's on a 0mm offset 20x9 rim and it'll clear just fine. I have been told though that the front will have plenty of clearance it's the rear where it might rub for me. Only when offroading though and the suspension is articulating, it might rub on the wheel well lining. Little bit of trimming can solve that though... or get a wheel with a larger negative offset.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm running 35's on the stock wheels with bilstein leveling shocks at 2.8 and a 1/4 in spacer and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good guys, calming my nerves a bit.
Im driving 6 hours to get this done, so I want it done right. Know what I mean.

Going out around town today to get prices on some 35s, they will only be a summer/partial offroad tire.

The Nitto Trail Grapplers are sick, but where I am getting the lift done they only sell Toyos.

So going around here to see if I can score a set for a decent price.

Will keep everyone tuned, this is going to be my major mod this summer!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sounds like a major facelift! Good luck with the search

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Ive been slacking off on the ram, and now at the mine there are like 20 other rams every morning.... I need to make her stand out lol

Benefits of free rent, money goes to the toys! ha

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
must be nice to have free rent lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
Borden, the best tire prices I've found are at Sudbury Custom Auto. Not sure where you were going but I would think they are about six hours from you. I have priced everywhere from Sault Ste Marie right down to Barrie as I travel a lot. I am getting DC 2's with 35"x12.5"x17" and I only have a 2.5" lift on mine.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Borden, the best tire prices I've found are at Sudbury Custom Auto. Not sure where you were going but I would think they are about six hours from you. I have priced everywhere from Sault Ste Marie right down to Barrie as I travel a lot. I am getting DC 2's with 35"x12.5"x17" and I only have a 2.5" lift on mine.
I buy all my stuff from Mike a SCA now... Mike, the owner, will go out of his way to make you happy, as he battled with the border cops to get me my nfab bar and reimbursed me the shipping costs... I would assume by 6 hours Bordin meens Sudbury but I would think North Bay would have a few tire places?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts