DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 1500 with 113000 miles on it, recently the motor started ticking and it threw a P0300 code then a P0306 so i pulled all of the spark plugs and replaced them, cylinder 6 spark plugs had their electrodes mashed into the plugs which im assuming caused the P0306 code, most of the other plugs had burns around the base of the porcelain and some had oil on them, the issue i have is that the tick never went away but seems to have moved to the bottom of the motor, its noticeable in the cab and is much louder under the truck. ive heard so many different things such as a spun bearing, bent rod, broken valve spring, and oil is too thick causing sticky lifters, I just dont understand how any of these could have also caused the mashed electrodes in cylinder 6, im new to truck ownership and even newer to Hemi motors, any advice would be valued and appreciated, thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.