DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking to lift my truck now, instead of just having it leveled. My CV's are hating me and I would like to have them at a safer angle. So, I have been looking around and all the kits listed below are very similar and didn't know whether anybody could provide advise on which one to use.

So, the kits I am looking at are listed with a general price next to them....

Fabtech K3000 - $1700
Rough Country 381S - $1200
SkyJacker D2601K-NSP-H - $1900
Pro Comp K2060B - $1400
SuperLift K375B - $1600

If anybody has any suggestions or reviews on any of these, please inform me. The only thing that might trip me up, is that my truck is 5 speed. I don't know whether that will effect anything, but that is why I don't have Rancho listed (there kit specifically says not to use with a manual transmission). ANY INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!:smileup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know your truck is the newer style but i know we have the same type of set up. A 4 link in the front and solid axle in the rear. My lift is the Skyjacker 5.5in". I have had no U-Joint or CV joint issues and its been lifted for 5+ years. Mine is also an automatic gas truck which is easier on my driveshafts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Right now my truck is leveled by torsion keys, in turn putting my CV joints at a wicked angle. With the lift kits you get differential drop brackets, which put your CV's in a strait position while still putting your truck in the air. I have had my truck leveled for about a year and you can see the wear marks on the boots, caused by rubbing of the ribbed boot.

Anybody else have input on the kits I have listed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts