DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. So I'm fairly new to the Ram forum first of all, and my main reason for joining was I needed a more professional opinion on an issue I'm having. Typically in the mornings when dew is still on the ground and the hood of my Ram is still wet, I notice that not the entire roof has dew on it. Now, I know that under the hood is insulation, but I've also been having a fear that it might me oxidation to my paint. Can anyone please confirm for me weather these patterns on my hood are just from the insulation and I have nothing to fear/I'm just over reacting, or is this oxidation and should I be taking action quickly here ?

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oxidation is there ALWAYS and doesn't go away after the dew dries. When's the last time it's had a wax? But no worries, it's just the dew drying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oxidation is there ALWAYS and doesn't go away after the dew dries. When's the last time it's had a wax? But no worries, it's just the dew drying.
I've had the truck for about a year and a half and I personally have never waxed her. I kinda knew subconsciously it wasn't oxidation, but I just wanted to be 100% sure. I'm assuming I should give her a good waxing next time I wash her ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts