DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, basically I'm on a 'wife' budget to do my lift, wheels and tires. That and I don't do any off-roading, my truck is mainly used for light hauling and towing and enclosed motorcycle trailer. So bottom line, it's more for looks than anything, I ain't afraid to admit it!

So after much research and knowing leveling won't be enough to satisfy my taste since I want 35's and decent clearance, here's what I've come up with: I'm thinking about doing Bilsteins plus a 3'' BL. As for the brand of BL, I'm still unsure so any recommendations are welcome. I figured this would get me at least 5'' of lift plus the advantages of the Bilsteins over stock shocks.

Thoughts or opinions are much appreciated. This is my first RAM and my first brand new vehicle so I want to do it right (I know 'right' would be a suspension lift but it's not in the budget).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know you are wanting to go bigger which is what i thought also. However just take a look at my 02 dodge ram. She only has a 2'' leveling kit with 33s and 20" rims. Its not to tall but definitely doesnt look like a lil truck anymore. Best part is... it only cost me 2k for it and installed! Hope this helps or atleast gives you an idea.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I like the sound of Bilstiens and the PA 3" Body Lift. You could always just get their 5" too tho.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about just getting the PA 5'' kit, really good deal, but everyone loves their Bilstein shocks so much. I just figured if I'm going to do it, I can justify a couple hundred more to improve ride quality with better shocks.

Jeez...I need to just pull the trigger one way or another!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought I read that this is a newer truck, Dumb question does body lifts and new shocks screw with any warranties ????:4-dontknow:
I have a new to me 2010 1500 with 30,000 miles I have the bumper to bumper warrenty for 100 K . I was wondering if a Body lift mod and shock would effect the warranty

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I read that this is a newer truck, Dumb question does body lifts and new shocks screw with any warranties ????:4-dontknow:
I have a new to me 2010 1500 with 30,000 miles I have the bumper to bumper warrenty for 100 K . I was wondering if a Body lift mod and shock would effect the warranty

Mine is an '11 with 6000 miles on it, one of the reasons I'm considering this setup is because my dealer told me I'll be fine with the factory warranty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked them that as well, basically they said anything over a 35'' inch tire could be iffy, but they have no issues with 35's. Now from what I've read though, some dealerships are harder to deal with than others. My dealer is freakin' awesome and really takes care of me. Had the TC issue and a couple other problems and they handled everything with no argument. I mention this because some other dealerships might not be so forgiving on modifications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool thanks. I'm thinking I'm kind of the same situation ,But right now we use our 97 jeep on trails and sand,But I'm looking forward to go offroad in my Ram 1500 . We don't go way crazy so just a little lift would be cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts