DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter (dark all the time) and large amounts of wildlife up here in northern Alberta make for some pretty crappy driving as I my high beams are some of the worst I have used.

Thinking I have two options

1. HID headlights but I don't really want to just put them in stock headlights as I do hate it when other people do that from the glare perspective...so I'd have to get projectors as well and it get's costly in the end

2. adding some behind grill aux driving lights ( thinking hella 500 black magic's)

has anyone done the driving lights and should I be good that way or option 1 would be the best end solution

was also hesitant on HID's just because seems like some weird things happen..I know one ram in town when ever they single both headlights turn off etc..

Thanks for any and all advice
Dan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I am going to go with a couple behind the grill lights for now, was looking at those black magics just because they look blacked out with light off...and well my truck is black haha

but they are 55 watts I see you guys are both going with 130 watt lights...need to do more research!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that and I HATE having to look away at other drivers who put HID's in reflective housing...eyes are getting sensitive as is to halogens at night lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jmorris I got excited when you said you had black kc day lighters...i googled but seems like just the housing are black

does any one know of any other 100+ watt lights that the chrome reflectors inside appear black much like the hella black magics

Thanks! Dan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.