DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was originally posted in the 2011 section but the mods moved it here. I would like specific recomendations from Gen 4 owners. I'm not After 25k miles my OEM tires are toast. They are supposed to be warrantied up 40k but you need proof of rotation every 5k miles. I don't have the proof but the tires are worn evenly so in a normal world it wouldn't matter. Since my dealer is a PITA to deal with I doubt I will pursue a claim. My problem is the Wranglers suck and I should never have had to replace them this soon so I want a different tire. Who else has replaced their OEM tires? What did you get and are you happy with them? These will be M&S street tires for a 2WD truck. I need better traction and hopefully longer wear. If the Wranglers had decent traction I wouldn't have minded the quick wear so much. I had Michelins on my Ford E350 van and got 70k miles out of them with good all weather traction. I don't really want to pay Michelin prices though without some idea that will perform well on the Ram. Give some ideas on what you have that you are happy with. Most of my driving is in town or on asphalt state highways. Oh yeah, I have 17" rims and won't be changing unless I fall into a great deal on a full wheel/tire set. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
wow have to have proof every 5k miles but dont have to have service for between 6 and 8k miles.. that does not sound right.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow have to have proof every 5k miles but dont have to have service for between 6 and 8k miles.. that does not sound right.

It's in the tire waranty book. Since the truck and tires are warrantied separately there is no incentive for Chrysler to synchronize the service intervals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts