DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in need of a new vehicle i have a few bucks to spend and im thinking another dodge and my other dodge (if i keep it) will be the off road rig for fun. Unfortunetly the new truck is due to an acident last week in my every day car (98 mercury sable), black ice and a tree later im in the need for a new car/

here is what ive found so far
01 1500 5.2L ex cab $3500 needs tires
99 2500 8.0L v10 ex cab, comes with fith wheel hitch $5100
94 2500 5.9L 12v cummins reg cab $5000

so my priamiters are, not horrible gas, something to plow with, fun.
what do you think i should go for im going to go test drive the 2500s this weekend and need to make a decision monday or tuesday
any comments are appreciated im mainly looking for positive feed back

If i sell my other truck (like to avoid but an option) Im also looking at a 97 2500 Cummins with a plow

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I would cross the v10 off you list if you want fuel economy... Its hard to help you without seeing them in person, I would take the better fit truck out of the remaining 2

·
Registered
248 Posts
The 1500 would work for plowing but selfserve is right about the wear and tear, on the other had, if its just for a toy and plowing, front end wear and tear might not be a dealbreaker. all depends on how hard the plowing is. 1500 for this guy :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
For plowing and fun, I'd go for the 2500 with the 5.9L cummins in it. Diesels can make a bunch of power (fun) and they have great torque (plowing) and the 2500 can handle the work pretty darn easily.

Now if the cummins unit is just plain nasty, ratty and wore out, then I'd go for the V10.

Ya see, nuthing that is gonna plow and be fun will get good mileage, period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts