DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking on the web for some 2012 Ram 1500 lifted but can't seem to find any pictures of 2tone Black/Silver(Laramie) or Black/Gold(Lonhhorn) with lifted suspension and big tires.

I'm getting a 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Black/Silver in about 2 months and still wondering if I want to keep the stock look or get a 2-3 inch lift and bigger off-road tires :)

Also can anyone tell me how big of a tire I can use on the stock rims without any lift or with just a 1.5-2 inch leveling?

·
Registered
116 Posts
When you do it you will have one sweet looking truck. Everyone that sees it will want one just like it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not exactly the same as being lifted 6in but here is my 2012 Laramie. I leveled the front and have 35's on the stock rims. Even up just a little bit I get complements on the height and tires. Changes the whole look and feel of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will probably go with 4inch lift, I found 6inch to be too much for my taste and I heard that people have vibration problem with leveling kit when they put it in 4x4 High.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Wow some nice looking trucks.....Hope that will make your decision easier......

Ed

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dustinmc15 what size of tire do you have? Also what's a 1.25inch body lift? is that like a leveling kit with the lift?

By the way look really nice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dustinmc15 what size of tire do you have? Also what's a 1.25inch body lift? is that like a leveling kit with the lift?

By the way look really nice!
The tires are 326/65/18s, roughly 35x12.5. A body lift is different than a leveling kit. Body lifts just lift the body of the truck without touching the suspension whatsoever. This is accomplished by installing "pucks" that are 1.25 inches tall in each of the body mount locations. The advantages are that you retain the factory ride because the suspension is untouched. Some people don't like them because they aren't "true" suspension lifts and don't give you any increased suspension travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts