DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realize its a truck and it will get messy but I want to preserve its good looks as long as possible. To do this I plan on purchasing these 3 items and need recommendations on what brands/where to buy:
- Bull bar/grille guard (to protect against idiots that hit my truck)
- some sort of seat protector for my cloth seats (like a seat cover?)
- weather tech digital fit floor mats

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
One thing I do to protect the rear, keep a large hitch in the receiver. Nobody want's to tangle with that. Rock rail type steps may help the nitwits in the silly little cars that park too close. I find that with a 4x4 Ram, so far nobody has hit me, at least, that shows. If you are the type that drives silly little cars, you may think twice about parking next to a huge Ram.:smileup:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
1.) Bull bar offers zero protection. They're not sturdy enough. You'll have to go with a full grille guard, and even then unless they're the heavy duty type (like what's on cop cars) you're not going to get any protection there either. The good ones are like 300lbs of additional weight (or so I've been told) so they're not wimpy by any means.

2.)I bought leather SeatSkinz for my front and back. Fits very well and they're ventilated with extra layer of memory foam on the back of the leather. They were about $700CDN and took about 3 hours for a knowledgeable installer to put them in. I really like them. Would buy for again for my next truck too.

3.)I had the heavy duty rubber RAM mats in my front... They're very very nice - BUT they don't go up the sides and drain out the door like the Weathertech. So I spent the extra money and bought the front mats. They fits nearly perfectly and I am sure when the winter weather hits the end of the year, I will really really like them. I had to dump my rubber ones several times this past Winter. I won't need to any longer. Pull the trigger, especially if you don't have the heavy duty mats.

(Now that I rambled on, I hope I gave you some insight. :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts