DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is all personal preference, but I keep going back and forth...can't make up my mind...:4-dontknow:

I have Bilsteins on their way, I plan on maxing them and adding a BL but would like some opinions on what size BL I should go with. I've seen both but for some reason I keep thinking that the shocks at 2.8'' plus a 3'' BL would make 35's look a little too small. On the other side, I don't want to go with the 1.25'' BL then wish I would've had the extra lift from the 3. Just some additional info, I rarely offroad and do tow a medium sized enclosed trailer, other than that the Ram is my DD.

I know this is such a gripping and interesting question :rolleyes: but I value other enthusiast opinions!

·
Registered
754 Posts
IMO 3" is going to be too much without some biger tires and I'm not a fan of those on a DD after trying them on my 97. I don't like the handeling at all.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I say go with the 1.25". It will look perfect with 35s :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is mine with 35 inch Trail Grapplers, Bilsteins @ 2.8, and a 1.25 inch RCX body lift. Cheapest lifted truck stance you can buy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here is mine with 35 inch Trail Grapplers, Bilsteins @ 2.8, and a 1.25 inch RCX body lift. Cheapest lifted truck stance you can buy!
Looks good! What exact tire size is that with the stocker rims? And i guess they don't rub right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks good! What exact tire size is that with the stocker rims? And i guess they don't rub right?
Those are 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on the stock 20x9 chrome-clad rims. They did rub the UCA before i added .25 inch RCX wheel spacers. It would also rub the fender every once in a while at full lock, the 1.25 inch RCX body lift took care of that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does sit perfect! Well that pushes me over the tipping point, I'm gonna order the RCX 1.25 BL since it seems to look just right. Now I need to make a wheel & tire decision.

Most awesome thing about this setup is that I plan on going much higher in a couple years and I'll already have the Bilsteins & wheels, it'll just be a matter of what lift and bigger tires. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Appreciate the info guys!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Those are 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on the stock 20x9 chrome-clad rims. They did rub the UCA before i added .25 inch RCX wheel spacers. It would also rub the fender every once in a while at full lock, the 1.25 inch RCX body lift took care of that.
So thats a 35" tire right.?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Were you able to keep your tow hooks with the 1.25 lift? I don't see them on there if you used to have them. Any other things you had to deal with when installing the lift?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Were you able to keep your tow hooks with the 1.25 lift? I don't see them on there if you used to have them. Any other things you had to deal with when installing the lift?
I never had tow hooks for this truck, i'm pretty sure you would not be able to keep them though. The only thing you need to relocate are the bumpers, they include brackets to do that. If you have the stock exhaust all you need to do is pivot the tips up, if you have an aftermarket catback you would probably need to have your exhaust hangers adjusted. There is no welding or grinding if everything is done right. It's a very simple and easy install!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts