DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help on the correct part# for a 18" Magnaflow for a single exhaust. I am just wanting to the a muffler swap on my 2011 Outdoorsman. I cant find the correct part# any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more question, I notice they have the oval and round mufflers, is there a difference in the 2 other then shape?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes Sir, the round gives more of a glass pack effect, meaning more of a straight shhot thhrough. I know I've got that previous owner installed. The oval breaks up the air flow with chambers insde muffler. I'm personally working on getting a 24" MagnaFlow installed. This will also help with my MDS drone noise, and when get on it she sounds good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So going with the oval, more then likely I'll have less drone? Sorry for all the questions, had a diesel prior to this truck and never dealt much with mufflers just had my old truck straight piped.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes sir, I believe that's the to go. Glad to help. UUMMM does it still have stick exhaust? The folks I've talk to on here have said it's best to just replace stock muffler and leave rest in tacted. I've heard it on the Tube in the sound pretty good. I'm looking at a Magna Flow 24", hold on I'll get part no. Found it on a site that u can actual bid against there listed price. Wundercarparts number#: 12388 Wundercarparts
Wundercarparts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts