DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ey everyone! Im new to this forum, have some questions and not sure where to post them. Im wanting to lift my 2018 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4wd. 5.7, 3.92s. (Pavement Truck) Been looking at lifts about 3 months and am about to go into and info overload coma lol. Are there any threads where I can post my questions?

Thanks!

Questions:
Is RC or Zone to cheap of a lift for a pavement princess? I drive like a snail and dont hot rod my truck.

Are coilovers necessary? Or would the lifted struts, RC lift and bilstein shocks be just fine?

Ive had people try to talk me into the fabtech with dirt logics and really trash talk the RC, And others who really like their RC so..

Btw, I will most likely run 22s on 35s(maybe 37s) and 6” lift.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
From the Fabtech point of view RC, and Zone are junk. But since you are only using it on the pavment, RC, or Zone would be fine for you and much less expensive. Bilsteins in the front will be just fine. You'll need the lifted long shocks in the back. Make sure to post up some pics when it's done.

·
8,090 Posts
I would stay away from RC simply because I don't like their rear lift setup. They only offer large coil spacers which is not the best way to do it. Zone provides full rear lift coils for both height options for 6" kits.

A Zone kit will be perfectly fine if you're just driving on the road and want to stick to a budget. Depending on the exact wheel and tire setup you want to run you may need to add additional front end lift which can be done with Bilstein 5100's or coilovers (again, depending on budget).

I'd be happy to work through all the options with you and put together some quotes if you're interested. Shoot me an email at [email protected].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts