DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed TPMS issue

Finally, my 2012 Ram 5.7 had the intermittent TPMS light issue while driving. After having all sensors checked repeatedly with no codes, Dodge replacing the TPMS module, getting 4 new tires and replacing one sensor that was not reading, this issue kept persisting. I read one one of these forums about replacing spark plugs, just one post, sounded crazy. Every mechanic told me I was crazy and it had nothing to do with the tire sensors. My truck needed a tune up anyway, so I went and had the plugs replaced. This made the light on the dash disappear during normal driving. I only noticed it during automatic shifting between 4th & 5th gear on the highway, so I knew I was on the right track. I bought a set of 16 coil boots off of amazon for $30. This was an easier job than the plugs and I was able to replace all 16 in about an hour. I am happy to say that the light has been off and stayed off for the past 2,000 miles. Don’t let them tell you it sounds crazy and it has nothing to do with the sensors. Electrical interference is a real thing with anything wireless like a sensor. If it behaves like a short, its probably a short.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts