DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's,I'm new here and just traded my 2006 Megacab Dually 4x4 in on a Black 2012 PowerWagon.I really like the PowerWagon,but have to get used to it not being a diesel engine.
Man,They really put a lot of new electronics in these new trucks.I'm just a dumb old country boy,and this truck does things that I'll probably never figure out how to use.
The PowerWagon has a well respected history,and the new version is sure to continue the tradition.I can't believe the mpg this truck gets with the 4.56 gear ratio,it gets better mileage than my Megacab did with the 5.9 Cummins.

I just had the windows tinted today,as well as installed a set of N-Fab step bars,and some Husky floor mats front/rear.My ventshades,and bug shield won't be here until later this week.
I'll take some pics,and post later.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. You are going to love it. I stepped up from a 2010 1500 Ram to the Power Wagon and love it. I can't wait to see pics of your new truck. I know guys will be itching to see them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pic os the 06 Megacab that I traded in for the PowerWagon.I just didn't need a 1 ton dually anymore,but it was always a great truck and looked really good.I bought it new in 06.

·
Registered
219 Posts
both trucks look great. cummins not avbl in the PW?

·
Registered
581 Posts
fullmonte60- no the PW does not have a Cummins option b/c of weight and a few other reasons. I think it would be totally awesome if it did, b/c I would have bought one. But, it is still awesome with the hemi.

·
Registered
219 Posts
they are sweet trucks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
both trucks look great. cummins not avbl in the PW?
fullmonte60- no the PW does not have a Cummins option b/c of weight and a few other reasons. I think it would be totally awesome if it did, b/c I would have bought one. But, it is still awesome with the hemi.
Thankfully,Dodge didn't have the new POS Cummins as an option for the PW.
The EPA has really ruined the turbo diesel engines with all of their clean air laws.Everyone that I know that has bought an 08 or newer truck with a diesel engine has nothing but problems with them,and they stay in the shop.
Every Mfg,had to increase the displacement in order to keep the same HP/Torque ratings as the older motors,and the newer ones get worse fuel mileage than the gas motors today.

In 1984 I bought a Chevy 3500 4x4 Crewcab dually with a 6.2 diesel.It would get over 20mpg pulling a 30ft gooseneck trailer full of cattle.
My 2006 Dodge 3500 Megacab 4x4 dually with the 5.9 never got over 19mpg by itself,and was lucky to get 12mpg pulling a 16ft trailer with 2 4wheelers on it.
Most guy's that I know with 08's or newer are lucky to get 12-14mpg in their trucks empty/no trailer,and the DEF emission systems are always causing problems/breaking down.

The old Cummins 5.9 and the 5.9 Cummins common rail injected motors were great,but these newer smog motors are nothing but junk.

·
Registered
219 Posts
another example of technology to the detriment of mankind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts