DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:i_redface:
I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie. I have owned it for 67 days and it has been 35 days in the shop. 25 continuous and counting.
They have replaced and fixed:
3 tires
Ecu Unit
Fuel Pump
Radio ( presently awaiting part for 25 days)
I have not driven it for 2 weeks without the check engine light coming on. The ECO dosen't work, Hard Shifting,Stalling,Key Fob works sometimes, radio skips from gps/aux to radio every 5 seconds. I have spoken with 11 different people at Chrysler and all they say is sorry and we will wait till you get it back to make you happy. What about now?
They think the radio will solve all of problems??? I have no faith in the truck as it has stalled and left me stranded on the side of the highway in West Virginia. I have many issues but I don't want to raise them all as I want people to tell me my options. The dealer just says call head office or go to arbitration is this what i should do? How long is it going to take Harmon Kardon to replace these radios? HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
lemon lemon lemon lemon

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I believe I already read this post however I truly hope that the dealer looks after you and solves all the issues.... I ordered a Longhorn and I am waiting for it to arrive so I am hoping that I dont have to go through that,.... Please let us know how you make out.....

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have been thru a similar issue but with my first challenger. It made headlines after 4 mos of issues, sat at a dealership for 6 mos, and cost mt $5800 to repair. I did get into a 2010 from another dealership in another city. But Chrysler Canada staff are useless as a third nut. They all seem to be managers and no one wants to help. I took Chrysler Canada to small claims court and won. I went after them for the cost difference from the 09, to the 10' and the repair costs. Judge was less then impressed with Chrysler.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Canada seriously needs to get a Lemon law in place! Hold the manufacturer responsible. 55k on a truck you can't drive and they don't seem to want to get it fixed chop chop....something wrong with that type of thinking.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Canada seriously needs to get a Lemon law in place! Hold the manufacturer responsible. 55k on a truck you can't drive and they don't seem to want to get it fixed chop chop....something wrong with that type of thinking.
ahhh didnt realize he was from canada/no lemon law there :smiledown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear ya'; got my 2013 Sport end of Aug; 2 weeks later got a message on my uconnect, install usb update/ no radio, no heated seats/steering wheel, no --media centre; just the message that won't turn off when the truck is off and thus kills the battery. 3 trips to the dealer, 3 updates lasting approx 1 week (last one last wednesday/ repeated problem Friday). So i have to disconnect battery when I turn off truck and reconnect when I want to drive; really convenient in the rain or dark. As well the media player lights up on and off at night and blinds your vision from inside. I am convinced Chrysler has no idea how to fix this problem--calling them again Monday morning--drove a Chev for 35 years and thought I'd like a change--BIG MISTAKE

·
Registered
4 Posts
replace the radio and update new radio and your problem solved. yes it is as simple as that. most delaers don't know that. been there and that is the fix

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Personally, I would start by telling us what dealership you bought it from. Then I would tell them I would simply want it replaced not repaired.
If that gets you no where then go to http://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/
It explains your rights as a consumer and the dealers disclosure rules.

DO NO LET THIS GO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts